Wednesday, April 27, 2011

peter and the wolf

One of the great things about homeschooling is I get be a kid all over again. One of my favorite things from childhood is puppetry! OK it's one of my favorite things in adulthood, but back to the subject at hand...

I was so excited when Liam was reading a book about puppetry. The day before he started the book, I happened to come across a fabulous Peter and the Wolf puppet kit over at Sarah Jane Studios.



The kids and I had a blast with this one. I did it with just the story first, then showed them the version with the music. I remember watching the little Disney version of Peter and the Wolf over and over again as a child. I showed it to the kids on youtube which led us to an afternoon of old Looney Tunes and Disney cartoons. I've never seen them laugh so hard at a cartoon. Oh the joys of homeschooling!







No comments:

Post a Comment