Saturday, October 1, 2011

Boo!

Autumn...my favorite time of year! I love the cool breezes, the many pumpkin recipes, and of course Halloween!! Yesterday was September 30th, so we got busy making our first of many Halloween crafts. We started with jar-o-lanterns. (Thanks for the idea Kim!!) Here's how we did it...

First, I gathered all the unused ball jars leftover from my overambitious canning dreams. Then I gathered up some craft paint and brushes. The kids painted their jars (on the outside), then played Wii until the jars dried. After many turns at Wii Sports Resort, the faces were then painted on the jars.


The jar all the way to the left is Liam's (a boo from Mario), then Jack's ghost and Matilda's pumpkin. She directed me as I painted the face. The final three are mine. This was a super fun and easy craft for the kids. Now onto making some tombstones!!


And one more thing, it rained last week!!!! As you can tell, we had fun playing in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment